In August 2019, the Danish government created the Green Committee. The Danish Minister for Climate, Energy and Utilities is chair of the committee. The committee usually meets every week. The members of the Green Committee are:
- The Minister for Climate, Energy and Utilities (Chair)
- The Minister for Taxation
- The Minister for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries
- The Minister for Transport
- The Minister for Higher Education and Science
- The Minister for Industry, Business and Financial Affairs
- The Minister for Environment
Danish Ministers who are not in the Green Committee are invited to meetings whenever it is appropriate.
The Green Committee is a government committee for green transition dealing with green initiatives across policy areas. The secretariat of the Green Committee is located in the Ministry of Climate, Energy and Utilities from where they are responsible for close coordination between ministries.